July 2018  
SMTWTFS
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
     
Upcoming Events
JUL

17

TUE
Tuesday's small group
7:00 PM to 8:15 PM
Life lessons for living Christ centered
JUL

20

FRI
Travis Haynes reserved tables
All tables being reserved for Travis wedding at the Church of Christ
Missions Meeting
7:00 PM to 8:15 PM
Missions team meeting at church
JUL

21

SAT
Travis Haynes reserved tables
tables being reserved
JUL

22

SUN
Woody Wright concert
6:25 PM to 8:00 PM
JUL

23

MON
Caring Hearts Support Group
7:00 PM
Families of Loved Ones in Prison
Bible Search
History of Living Hope

 

The West Unity Free Methodist church was an outgrowth of the Montpelier FM church in the early 1950’s with the Sunday School classes being held at a private home at first. They eventually moved to the building east of the post office. The first service in the newly built church at 603 W. Jackson St. was December 1953. The church was designed to meet the individual needs of the whole person, and it has always been the primary objective to reach out to the community in friendship, caring concern and love.

The Original Church was built with sacrificial labor by church members who were from West Unity.  Some of these names may be familiar to you: (Ernest Bowers, Art Shambarger,Charles Sickmiller,Marion Roose,and Lowell Edge)

The Church was dedicated on June 27, 1954.   At that time these were the charter members – Ernest and Thelma Bowers, Irene Armbruster,  Donna and Lowell Edge, Mr.  and Mrs. Marion Roose, Mr. and Mrs. Art Shambarger

Some of the Pastors over the years have been Charles Sickmiller, Ray Altman, Walter Orr, Erwin Berhens, Nick Woodall, Mike Childs, Jim Williams, Peter Kadar, John Wommer, and the present Pastor Dave Mathis.

In April of 2012 a new building was completed and April 30th  and May 1st we moved our congregation to our new location at 1051 W. Jackson St.  The church was built by Scherer Construction company using all local sub-contractors as well as Cornerstone Flooring of Pioneer for kitchen cabinets, and all flooring throughout the building.  A crew of church members did all the painting and cleaning as well as writing scripture on the concrete floor before the flooring was laid so that every step we take in the building is under laid with God’s word.

The platform area of the church has the original altar and communion table that was refinished by Dave Rummell.

The Oak crosses in the center peaks of the fellowship room were made by Terry Scherer.  The office furniture was donated by Sauder Woodworking.

This is the first phase of the architectural design. As the church grows and is able there will be an addition to the north of the church that will be a permanent 300 seat Sanctuary for worship.  The overall existing building is for multi-purpose activities to best serve the ministries of this church.

 

 

Contents © 2018 Living Hope Free Methodist Church | Church Website Provided by mychurchwebsite.net | Privacy Policy